RFPs is an independent national register of approved instructors and health club operators. The register provides details of approved instructors. The register also serves to bring awareness of career opportunities offered by health club operators and fitness institutions.
The RFPs register is unique as it recognises sport science degrees/diplomas as well as conventional fitness and personal training qualifications. The register ensures high standards are maintained within the industry sector. Membership of RFPs provides confidence to members of the public and quality assurance to prospective employers. The register ensures that all registered exercise professionals are appropriately qualified and have the knowledge, competence and skills to perform specific roles.
Members are acknowledged for their:
- Adherence to the industry’s nationally recognised standards.
- On-going CPD education.
- Service and length of time in the industry.
In order to feature on the Register, members must ensure that the criteria of the National Occupational Standards is met. Evidence must be provided and valid public liability insurance must be held. The register will take into account qualifications as well as experience from time spent within the industry experience. The national occupational standards are mapped out by Skills Active, the Sector Skills Council for Active Leisure & Well-being, who represent the needs of the industry agreed by employers and other stakeholders. In order to remain on the register, members must continue to meet the standards that are set for their profession through Continual Professional Development (CPD).
- RFPs was established in 2010 to:
- Provide a new and fresh approach to how the industry id regulated.
- To protect the public from individuals who do not meet nationally recognised standards.
- To recognise the academic qualifications and achievements of all fitness professionals.
- To recognise the service of individuals that have been in the industry without holding qualifications.
- To ensure fitness professionals who hold qualifications such as sport science degrees or sports diplomas are not discriminated against.
- To ensure ethical practice by health club operators when selecting candidates or potential employees.
Profiles are available to exercise and fitness professionals such as:
- Gym instructors
- Personal Trainers
- Studio Instructors
- Aqua teachers
- Group Exercise to Music instructors
- Yoga and Pilates instructors
Membership is free for the first 12 months.If you would like to feature send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our support team